North Coast Engineering is seeking the right person for the position of:
Office Survey Technician / Survey Crew
North Coast Engineering, located in the growing, beautiful wine country of Paso Robles, California, has been in business since 1979. We provide civil engineering, surveying and land planning services for San Luis Obispo, Kern, Monterey and Santa Barbara Counties. We are a career and family-oriented company providing competitive benefits and compensation. Our company is team-oriented, committed to excellence in our work product and service to our clients. We work on great projects with great people!
Office Survey Technician / Survey Crew is responsible for office and field survey work for boundary, topographic and construction surveys, research and calculations for boundary surveys, and calculations for construction staking. This position operates under the supervision of a Licensed Land Surveyor.
- Knowledge of field/office surveying methods, practices, techniques, legalities and mathematical procedures for surveying.
- Knowledge of elementary principles and practices of surveying for engineering projects, including construction calculations.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal descriptions and record survey maps.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering plans, diagrams, and notes.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Planning and organizing the work of the field survey crew to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Trimble Business Center, Trimble Access, Survey Pro data collection software and Trimble survey equipment.
- Technical understanding of computers and survey equipment.
- Solid understanding of project budget requirements, time management skills, and client relations.
- Valid California Driver’s License
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- At least 2 years field and office surveying experience
- Proficiency with
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- MS Word
Send resumes to email@example.com or fax to (805) 239-0758.
If interested in applying please provide a resume and recent samples of work.