Student Housing South (San Luis Obispo – Cal Poly Campus)
Student Housing South is a proposed 1,450 bed first year student housing project at the south east corner of the California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo (CPSLO) campus. This project will include seven 4 or 5 story dormitories, a 3 story parking structure, a welcome center, a coffee shop, a post office, faculty office space, a community lounge, sports courts, and a community garden. The schematic design of the project was completed in 2013 and the project is currently in the environmental review phase (EIR). The project will move into the bidding process and design-build phase of the project when the EIR is complete. The schematic design phase of the project was completed with the intention of providing a LEED gold certified project, to meet RWQCB post-construction storm water requirements using LID principles, and to achieve CPSLO’s walkable campus goals.
NCE Schematic Design services included:
- Coordination with Client, Government Agencies, and Schematic Design Team including Architect, Landscape Architect, and Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural and Geotechnical Engineers.
- Preparation of Civil Performance Specifications.
- Preparation of Basis of Design Narrative.
- Water, Sewer, and Fire Flow Demand Estimates and Analysis of Existing Infrastructure.
- Preparation of Schematic Design Plans.
- Site Planning
- Grading & Drainage Design
- Water Infrastructure Design
- Sanitary Sewer Infrastructure Design
- Storm Drain Infrastructure Design
- LID Drainage Facilities Design
- Dry Utility Coordination
- Demolition Plan
- Street Design
During the Design-Build phase of the project NCE will act as CPSLO’s Civil Design Consultant with the following responsibilities:
- Bidding Process – Review RFI’s from prospective Design-Build Contractors.
- Construction Document Phase – Review construction drawings and specifications.
- Respond to construction RFI’s, perform site observations, attend pre-construction meetings, and review record drawings during the construction phase
Size of Project:
Approximately 11 acres
Construction Cost: $200,000,000
Completion Year: 2018 (Tentative)
Design Build Contractor:
To Be Determined After Bidding Process.