North Coast Engineering provides a wide array of Surveying Services to both private and public clients throughout California. Construction Staking, one of the most necessary services for construction, is performed to ensure a project is built according to the design plans.
The main purpose of construction staking is to lay out a set of engineering plans on the ground so that a construction company can build everything in the correct location. From the initial rough grade staking for moving dirt, to the underground utilities, buildings, and curbs, everything must be laid out on the ground before it can be built.
The other benefit of having construction staking is that the surveyor is the last person to check a set of plans before the construction starts. Surveyors typically look at a set of plans differently than an engineer might, and we can catch mistakes and get them corrected before they get built incorrectly in the field, which can be very costly.
NCE’s Survey Crew is currently working on these following projects for construction staking:
- KPRL: KPRL is an existing radio station broadcast. NCE has completed the grading plans for the relocation of an existing radio communication building. Our Survey Department is now assisting in the construction staking of this project.
- F-14 Pavement Rehab: The 2020 F-14 Pavement Rehab is located in the City of Atascadero. NCE is working with Ferravanti Grading and Paving.
- Twin Creeks Apartments: Twin Creeks is a Mixed-Use Development. The Survey Department has done the construction staking for multiple building pads, parking lots, and two bridges.
- Cal Poly SATRC: Cal Poly is constructing a new facility at the center of the campus. The Willam and Linda Frost Center for Research and Innovation brings three colleges together under one roof: the college of Science and Mathematics, the College of Agriculture Food and Environmental Sciences, and the College of Liberal Arts.
- SLO Wastewater Treatment Plant: The San Luis Obispo Water Resource Recovery Facility is upgrading and is now the SLO Water Plus. This upgrade will provide significant long term environmental, water quality, resilience and community benefits.
North Coast Engineering takes pride in consistently providing accurate results in all aspects of our work.
Click here to view our Land Surveying, Construction Staking, and Mapping Services Page.
Click here to view the Survey’s Portfolio Page
Meet Our Team
Greg Jaeger, PE
President & CEO
John Luttman, PE
Vice President & Principal Engineer, QSD/P
Tucker Sanders, PLS
Vice President & Survey Manager
Have a project in mind?
We would love to hear from you and show you what we can do for your next project.
725 Creston Rd Suite C Paso Robles, CA 93446
+1 (805) 239 – 3127